Saturday, May 28, 2011

Walgreens Shopping Trip: Saved 79% on Contact Solution, Listerine, Pantene, & More



So this week I went to Walgreens to try the unadvertised Listerine Register Reward deal after reading about it another site, but I didn't read very carefully and bought the wrong type, so no Register Rewards for me. :(  Then I couldn't find the correct kind when I went back to Walgreens two days later, so oh well.

Anyway, I had a total of three transactions on two different days. (The third transaction is not pictured.)  This is an example of how you can break your purchases up to "roll" your Register Rewards right away, that way you don't have to wait until the following week to start spending them.

Transaction #1:
Complete Multi Purpose Solution, $7.99
Scunci Elastics, $2.00
Total w/ tax: $10.69
Earned: $8 RR from Complete and $2 RR from Scunci

Transaction #2:
(2) Listerine Total Care, $2.99 x 2 (w/ in-ad coupon)
Pantene Shampoo, $3.50
Pantene Conditioner, $3.50
Caramel candy, $0.33 (I purchased this to bring my pre-tax total high enough to use the RR)
- $1/1 any Listerine printable coupon
- $1/1 any Listerine printable coupon
- $3/2 Pantene coupon from 5/1 P&G
- $8 RR earned from transaction #1
Total w/ tax: $1.24
Earned: $1 RR from Pantene

Transaction #3:
Complete Multi Purpose Solution, $7.99 (not pictured)
- $2 RR earned from transaction #1
Total w/ tax: $6.55
Earned: $8 RR from Complete

Confused?  Here's my overall cost breakdown...

Total spent on all 3 transactions: $18.48
RRs that I still have left: $1 RR from Pantene and $8 RR from Complete (transaction #3)
Overall cost after RRs: $9.48
Total savings (compared to reg. retail value of $45.45): 79%

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design By Lucky Girl Design Studio © All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved