Saturday, October 16, 2010

Drugstore Deals: Earned $4.91 Shopping at CVS, Rite Aid, & Walgreens

This was a GREAT drugstore deals week for me!  Adding together my purchases from CVS, Rite Aid, and Walgreens (and factoring in ECBs, +UPs & SCRs, and RRs) I actually end up with a $4.91 profit!


At CVS this week they had a fantastic Quaker Oatmeal deal that was limited to 2 per household (most deals are limited to 1, so 2 is good!).  I went to 4 different stores (no I'm not desperate..) and was only able to get the deal one time... but did you know you can get a raincheck for ExtraCare Buck deals (ie, the raincheck is for the sale price and the ECBs)?  I just found that out recently and can't believe I didn't figure that out sooner!   Also, I got a $0.99/1 Brach's Candy Corn coupon for scanning my CVS card and then got another one when I scanned my card two days later!  I made two trips to CVS this week but for the sake of simplicity have combined them together below:

2 boxes Quaker Instant Oatmeal, 2/$5
Gold Emblem Cola 2-liter, $1
Wheat Thins, $1
2 packages Brach's Candy Corn, $0.99 x 2 = $1.98
Colgate Total Toothpaste, $2.99
- (2) $2/1 Quaker Oatmeal (Facebook printable, no longer available)
- $1/1 Wheat Thins
- (2) $0.99/1 Brach's Candy Corn (from CVS Coupon Kiosk)
- $0.75/1 Colgate Total
Total with tax: $4.66
Received $2 ECB from Quaker, $1 ECB from Gold Emblem, and $2.99 ECB from Colgate
Total out of pocket expense: FREE + $1.33 moneymaker!


Rite Aid was a pretty big transaction this week with a lot of money spent up front that I'll get back in  Single Check Rebates (SCRs).  I didn't personally snag these deals though as my hubby works right near Rite Aid (normally a 30 minute drive for me) once a week, so he's the one who picked all this up.  I'm grateful for his willingness to do this deal for me after working for 12 hours - thanks, Eddie!!

Pedia Care Cough & Congestion Syrup, $4.99
(2) packages Antiox Immune Support Shots, 2 x $2.99 = $5.98
Pedia Care Gentle Vapors, $6.99
Emergen-C Immune Shots, $3.49
(2) boxes 18-count Playtex Gentle Glide, 2/$8
Comtrex Cold & Sinus Tablets, $3.99
Kids Eeze Allergy Chews, $4.99
Blistex Medicated Lip Ointment, $1.49
Sucrets Complete Lozenges, $2.99
- $5/$25 purchase
- (2) $2/1 Playtex Gentle Glide
- $2/1 Playtex October Video Values
Total with tax: $33.10
Received: $2 +UP from Playtex and will get SCRs for: $4.99, $5.98, $6.99, $3.49, $3.99, $4.99, $1.49, & $2.99 ($34.91 total SCRs)
Total out of pocket expense will be: FREE + $3.81 overage!


I didn't get too much at Walgreens this week.  I meant to go back and pick up some more stuff (like more Halls) and then didn't have time time to do so... but I'm happy with the two free (minus tax) items I did get!

Halls Refresh Lemon Raspberry, $1.00
Crest ProHealth For Me, $2.49
- $1/1 Crest ProHealth For Me from 9/26 P&G
Total with tax: $2.73
Received: $1.50 RR from Crest and $1 RR from Halls
Total out of pocket expense: $0.23 for both

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great week for you. Love those money makers. I would like to invite you to link up your CVS shopping trips each week at Simply CVS.

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design By Lucky Girl Design Studio © All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved