Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Lunch Diversity Challenge: Week 1



Last week it suddenly struck me - I'm stuck in a lunch rut. My kids eat peanut butter & jelly sandwiches almost every day! This is what they ask for - they love it - and since we use whole wheat bread and homemade jelly, it's a fairly healthy choice. But I started thinking that we really should have more variety, without sacrificing the convenience of a PB&J or resorting to more expensive or junkier choices. And thus was born the Lunch Diversity Challenge. The was to see if I could menu plan an entire week of different lunches that were reasonably inexpensive, healthy, and quick... and were not PB&J.

The result?

Monday - Cincinnati Pasta, Applesauce
Tuesday - Pancakes, Bananas
Wednesday - BBQ Black Beans & Rice
Thursday - Egg Burritos, Apples
Friday - Baked Potatoes, Broccoli
Saturday - Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Carrot Sticks
Sunday - Pesto Pasta, Peas

What are your favorite easy lunch ideas? I'd love to hear them!

photo credit

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design By Lucky Girl Design Studio © All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved