Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Goodies Day 8: Ricotta Cookies



I have to confess that I have never actually made these cookies myself, but my mom made them last year and they were delicious!  If you've ever had ricotta pie and enjoyed it, then you will definitely love these!  I am planning on making them later this week and will add a picture when I do. 

Ricotta Cookies

2 sticks butter
2 c. sugar
3 eggs
1 lb. ricotta cheese
3 tsp. vanilla extract
4 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder

Icing:
3 c. powdered sugar
5 Tbsp. melted butter
4 Tbsp. milk
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

Cream sugar and butter.  Beat in one egg at a time and then add vanilla and mix well.  Add ricotta and mix until combined.  In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients.  Gradually add dry ingredients to ricotta mixture.

Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls on an ungreased baking sheet.  Bake at 375 for about 10 minutes or until tops are white and bottoms are golden brown.

Meanwhile, mix icing ingredients - powdered sugar, butter, milk, and vanilla extract - together until thoroughly combined. When cookies are completely cool, dip in icing.  Place on wax paper for 5 hours until icing completely sets.  Yields about 8 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design By Lucky Girl Design Studio © All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved