Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Goodies Day 4: Poppy Seed Bread



My mom has been making this scrumptious quick bread for Christmas ever since I was a small child.   It's an easy, yummy snack that is great for gifting.  I made a double batch today and yielded 7 mini loaves and one regular loaf.  I will be giving away my small loaves and saving the big loaf to serve with Christmas breakfast next week!

Poppy Seed Bread

1 pkg. white cake mix
1 pkg. instant coconut cream pudding
1/2 c. oil
1 c. boiling water
4 eggs
1/4 c. poppy seed

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix with electric mixer for four minutes.  Pour into two greased and floured loaf pans or five greased and floured mini loaf pans.  For regular loaves, bake at 350 degrees for 32-40 minutes.   For mini loaves, bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design By Lucky Girl Design Studio © All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved