Thursday, December 1, 2011

Affordable Holiday Gift Ideas from Better Homes and Gardens



I am a huge fan of Better Homes and Gardens products (their non-stick bakeware is wonderful!) so was very excited to participate in a Better Homes and Gardens gift challenge.   The objective was to find three gifts for around $5, $10, and $20.  I headed out to our local Walmart and found that sadly they are not carrying the full Better Homes & Gardens holiday line, but they are carrying some great fragrance items.  I love love love candles so am very tempted to just keep all of these items for myself instead of gifting them!


For only $5, you can pick up this large 18 oz. jar candle in a variety of yummy scents.  I chose the Spiced Apple Wreath but there were many other scents available including Candied Caramel Pecan, Classic Gingerbread, Spiced Cinnamon, and more.  This is such a great $5 gift because it looks like it cost more than that!


For $10, I found this Pedestal Hurricane Candle Holder (candle not included) which is just gorgeous!  It's a beautiful holiday decoration and I love how it could easily be used all year long simply by replacing the pine/berries arrangement with something else like decorative rocks, silk flowers, or potpourri.  Can you tell that I really want to keep this for myself?  :)


For the $20 price point, I put together a wax warmer gift set.  First I chose a beautiful wax warmer with cardinals and pine cones for $15 - not too Christmas-y so it can be used all winter long.   Then I added two different wax cubes for $2 each, bringing the total cost for this gift to $19.  I had a hard time deciding on the scents because they all smelled so good, but I finally decided on the Ginger Spice Cake and the Candied Caramel Pecan.  And to be perfectly honest, I am definitely keeping this gift for me and have already used it.  The Ginger Spice Cake smells absolutely scrumptious when melted... highly recommend it! 

Visit the Better Homes and Gardens Facebook page to view more pictures of the fantastic limited edition holiday line!  And don't forget to visit Walmart to check out the products in person.  They have some lovely tableware that was not available at my local Walmart but if you're not from around Evansville, you may be able to find it at your Walmart! 

Better Homes & Gardens provided me with Walmart gift cards to facilitate this review. I received no other compensation and all views expressed are my honest opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design By Lucky Girl Design Studio © All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved