Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering 9-11



September, 11, 2001.  Though it has now been a full ten years since that terrible day, no doubt most of us remember it with painful detail.  I've wondered to myself what sets this year apart from the preceding anniversaries.  In reality there is not much different between the six year mark or eight year mark or ten year mark, yet somehow a decade seems significant. 

Last week I picked up a recent issue of People magazine and read an article about the babies of 9/11 - the children who were not yet born when they lost their fathers - who are now nine years old.  Old enough to understand how drastically different their lives would have been had they not been robbed of the chance to know their dads.  When I think of my own husband and children, such a loss seems incomprehensible.  So today I remember... remember that I can hold the ones I love while so many people today are mourning the ones they cannot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design By Lucky Girl Design Studio © All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved