Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Recipe Wednesday: Orange Juice Balls



Well it's time to start thinking about Christmas baking!  I can't believe it's that time already and I haven't even planned out all I want to do, but I know I need to hurry up and get started or I won't have time to make everything that I want.  Here is a recipe that I made last year for the first time which was a a huge hit so I will definitely be making it again this year!

Orange Juice Balls

6 oz. frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
1 c. melted butter
1 box (12 oz.) vanilla wafers, finely crushed
1 c. finely chopped pecans
3 1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 1/2 c. coconut

Coupons:
Save $.50/2 Land O Lake butter from 10/24 SS
Printable save $1 on Nabisco cookies [can use on Nilla Wafers] wyb a gallon of milk also
Save $0.75/1 Fisher's Chef Naturals nuts from 11/14 SS or $0.50/1 Diamond nuts from 11/7 RP
Save $0.40/1 or $0.65/2 Domino sugar from 11/14 RP

Beat orange concentrate and butter together until well combined. Mix in vanilla wafers and pecans. Slowly add powdered sugar and mix until incorporated. Form dough into small balls (use approximately 1 tablespoon of dough per ball) then roll in coconut. Store in freezer in an airtight container.  Can be served frozen or refrigerated. Yields about 7 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design By Lucky Girl Design Studio © All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved