Saturday, November 6, 2010

Drugstore Deals: Walgreens Moneymakers & CVS Toy Story 3 Deal

I was so busy at the beginning of the week working on the Holiday Gift Guide that I completely forgot to have my husband go to Rite Aid for me on Monday, which is the only day he works near it. Then I didn't think the deals were worth an hour roundtrip for me to go myself, so I skipped Rite Aid but scored some great deals at Walgreens and CVS tonight.


Before I went to CVS, I planned out a scenario to spend $25 on participating P&G products (denoted with an * below) to get the $16 off Toy Story 3, but ran into a few kinks at the store. First, they were out of the Bounty and the Charmin 16 + bonus 4 rolls pack and, even worse, out of Toy Story 3! I guess that's what happens when you wait until Saturday night to shop!  But the store let me substitute a different Bounty and I settled for just 16 rolls of Charmin :), and was given a raincheck for the Toy Story 3 DVD. So it worked out fine eventually! Then it wasn't until after I got home tonight that I realized that inadvertently used my Dawn coupon on the wrong type of Dawn, so that was a completely unintentional bad use of coupon. :(

Bounty Basic 8 Rolls, $5.99*
Charmin Ultra Soft 16 Rolls, $9..97*
Pantene Shampoo, $3.47*
Pantene Conditioner, $3.47*
Dawn Dish Detergent, $0.97*
2 Puffs Basic Tissues, $0.97 x 2 = $1.94*
Olay Body Wash, $7.00
Secret Trial Size Deodorant, $1.49
- $5 off $30 Purchase Coupon (from CVS Coupon Kiosk)
- $0.50/1 Bounty Coupon (from 10/31 P&G)
- $0.25/1 Charmin Coupon (from 10/31 P&G)
- $1/2 Pantene Coupon (from 10/31 P&G)
- $0.50/1 Dawn Coupon (from 10/31 P&G)
- $0.25/1 Puffs Coupon (from 10/31 P&G)
- $5 off Olay wyb Secret Deodorant Coupon (from 10/31 P&G)
Total with tax: $23.85
Received: $3 ECB from Olay and $3.99 Raincheck for Toy Story 3 DVD
Total out of pocket expense: $20.85 for everything pictured above or $24.84 for everything plus future purchase of Toy Story 3 DVD (Toy Story 3 Rebates/Coupon Match Up here)


I arrived at Walgreens ten minutes before closing time, so I just grabbed a few things - all moneymakers! I got two bottles of Zarbee's Syrup but only one is pictured because I gave one to my sis-in-law Jen who did the transaction for me since I couldn't get RRs on both if bought in the same transaction.

Transaction 1:
Zarbee's Cough Syrup, $5.99
- $3/1 printable coupon (no longer available)
Total with tax: $3.41
Received: $6 RR
Total out of pocket expense: FREE + $2.59 overage!

Transaction 2:
Zarbee's Cough Syrup, $5.99
2 Vicks DayQuil Sinex LiquiCaps, 2/$10
- $3/1 Zarbee's printable coupon (no longer available)
- $4/1 Vicks Sinex (from 10/10 P&G)
- $4/1 Vicks Sinex (from 10/10 P&G)
Total with tax: $6.11
Received: $6 RR from Zarbee's and $5 RR from Vicks
Total out of pocket expense: FREE + $4.89 overage!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design By Lucky Girl Design Studio © All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved