Thursday, October 27, 2011

DIY Project: Abby Cadabby Costume & Accesories Supplies



Since my children are complete Sesame Street fanatics, I thought it would be adorable to have them dress up as Sesame characters this year... Elmo and Abby Cadabby.  Of course finding a cost effective way to do this was the first thing I thought about.   For Elmo, I decided that making a costume was beyond my creative abilities, but I was able to find this Elmo vest on Walmart's website for only $10 (it retails as high as $30 on other costume websites!)  Abby Cadabby costumes retail for at least $35 so I decided that I could definitely make something homemade for a lot less!


The plan is to make a fairy skirt, fairy wand, and Abby Cadabby headpiece using the supplies pictured.  Also included in the picture is a light blue shirt that I found on clearance at Walmart for $2 which will complete the Abby Cababby fairy dress look.

Skirt supplies:
Violet cotton
Light blue cotton
Violet netting
Light blue netting

Headpiece supplies:
Clear plastic headband
Pink yarn
Purple yarn
Plastic flowers

Wand supplies:
Wooden dowel
Pink satin ribbon
Blue satin ribbon
Violet satin ribbon

I will be sharing details and instructions on how I make the skirt, wand, and headpiece later this week and next week.  Check back tomorrow for the step-by-step instructions on making an Abby Cadabby Fairy Wand!

3 comments:

  1. How did this ever turn out? I'm dying to know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you make this costume? I would love to make one for my daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also interested but can't find it on the blog anywhere!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design By Lucky Girl Design Studio © All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved