Monday, September 5, 2011

Marie Callender's Three Meat and Four Cheese Lasagna Review



While most Christmas dinners usually feature turkey as the main dish, in my Italian family lasagna plays the starring role. Lasagna is one of my absolute favorite dishes and is something my mother taught me how to cook from scratch many years ago. But as much as I love the taste of homemade lasagna, I just don't have the time lately to make a dish that usually takes me an hour or more to prepare (and that's just the pre-oven time!).

So when I was asked to review Marie Callender's Frozen Lasagna, I was more than happy to try it out with my family. I was intrigued to learn that Marie Callender's lasagnas feature a unique baking tray that minimizes burnt edges and cold spots and cooks the meal in just 19 minutes in the microwave. Another interesting fact is that a national taste test found that consumers prefer Marie Callender’s frozen lasagna over Stouffer’s two to one.


We reviewed Marie Callender's Three Meat and Four Cheese Lasagna which features three Italian-style meats - sausage, ground beef, and pepperoni - layered with four different cheeses - Ricotta, Mozzarella, Parmesan, and Romano. Yum! Our lasagna baked perfectly with no burnt edges or cold spots and was covered with plenty of melted cheese (this is a big deal for me because I dislike lasagna that isn't topped with enough melted cheese!). We all loved it - the sauce was deliciously seasoned, the noodles had a perfect texture, and the unique meat and cheese blend tasted great. I especially enjoyed the pepperoni which is not an ingredient I include when I make lasagna but sure is a welcome addition. And of course, it's wonderful to be able to serve a delicious lasagna to my family by simply opening a box and popping it in the oven!


The Three Meat and Four Cheese Lasagna is available in single serve (19oz) and multi-serve (31oz) varieties.  Marie Callender’s Lasagna is backed by an on-pack money back guarantee (although I can’t imagine anyone not liking it!).  And even better, you can check out the Marie Callender's website for some money-saving coupons: save $1/3 single serve bakes or save $1/1 multi-serve bake!

Marie Callender's and The Motherhood provided me with a sample to review and I will be compensated for my time. Regardless, all opinions are honest and not influenced by the compensation received.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design By Lucky Girl Design Studio © All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved