Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Recipe Wednesday: Ham Salad Spread



Do you have leftover Easter ham?  I did... my mother-in-law baked a delicious ham for Easter and shared the leftovers with us!  I was thrilled because I love, love, LOVE ham salad so I wanted to use the ham to make some.  I've had ham salad many times at parties and sandwich shops but had never actually made it myself.  Well I looked up some recipes online but couldn't find any that looked right to me, so I decided to just wing it and make my own thing up.  I was really pleased with the result... and I caught Peter sneaking into the fridge to eat some... so it apparently turned out well.  :)

Have fun experimenting to suit your preferences!

Ham Salad Spread

6 cups finely chopped ham
1/2 red onion, finely chopped
1 cup mayonnaise
6 Tbsp. dill relish
4 tsp. mustard
1 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
3/4 tsp. ground black pepper

Tip: use a food processor to chop the ham and onion.

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.  Refrigerate.

Just a note - some recipes call for salt but mine was plenty salty without actually adding salt.  This may vary based on the ham used and the amount of relish put in.  If you skip the relish then you may want to add a little salt - but taste it first!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design By Lucky Girl Design Studio © All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved